The next qualifying exams will be held as follows
- ALGEBRA: Wednesday May 19, 2021, 12:00pm-4:00pm, location to be announced (but probably online).
- ANALYSIS: Friday May 21, 2021, 12:00pm-4:00pm, location to be announced (but probably online).
The August qualifying exams will be held as follows
- ANALYSIS: Wednesday August 18, 2021, 12:00pm-4:00pm, location to be announced.
- ALGEBRA: Friday August 20, 20201, 12:00pm-4:00pm, location to be announced.
If the exams are held in Strickland 124B, please be advised that some people find the room cold, and you may want to bring warm clothing.
- The sign-up sheets are with Cindy in the main math office.
- Please bring your student ID with you when taking the exam(s).
- NO calculators are allowed for the duration of these exams.
- Snacks may be brought to the exam.
Qualifying Exam Committee: Peter Pivovarov (Chair), Dale Cutkosky, Dan Edidin, Stephen Montgomery-Smith, Carlo Morpurgo, Petros Valettas, Dana Weston.
Carlo Morpurgo will teach the Analysis courses (Math 8420-8421), and Dan Edidin will teach the Algebra courses (teach Math 8410-8411).
Advice: You are encouraged to contact the examiners above for additional guidance in preparing for the Qualifying Examinations. You are encouraged, also, to seek help from this group concerning questions that may arise in your attempts to solve problems on past examinations as part of your review process.