Mathematics is the mother of all sciences, the mirror of civilization and the backbone of a land grant public university like the University of Missouri. The department of Mathematics brings together world class faculty to create high quality meaningful research, and empower students to succeed in society through mathematics.
Our mission is
- To help integrate our students into our society by training them to be effective researchers, financial professionals, data scientists, and educators.
- To attract and retain world class faculty, who produce important research and collaborate around the world.
- To foster an appreciation of mathematics and its applications and provide an environment where students can learn and become competent in the use of mathematics.
- To value diversity and to mirror the diversity of our state and nation for the benefit of all.
- To encourage mathematicians to give back to their communities through volunteer work and tutoring.