Summer 18 Online Exam Dates:
Exam 1: Monday, June 18 at 7 am, until Tuesday, June 19 at 5 pm.
Exam 2: Monday, Julu 9 at 7 am, until Tuesday, July 10 at 5 pm.
Exam 3: Thursday, July 26 at 7 am, until Friday, July 27 at 5 pm.
A review of exponents, order of operations, factoring, and simplifying polynomial, rational, and radical expressions. Topics include: linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational, inverse, exponential, and logarithmic functions and their applications. Students will solve equations involving these functions, and systems of linear equations in two variables, as well as inequalities.
Textbook and Course materials:
- MML AUTO ACCESS - Required
- COURSE WORKBOOK – Custom Edition - Required – A manual containing an outline of class notes.
- TEXTBOOK – Recommended - College Algebra, 5th edition, by Beecher, Penna, and Bittinger.
- NOTE: Students may use a TI-30XA or TI-30X IIS scientific calculator on exams in this course. No other calculators permitted.
- R1 The Real Number System
- R2 Integer Exponents and Order of Operations
- R3 Addition, Subtractions, and Multiplication of Polynomials
- R4 Factoring
- R5 The Basics of Equation Solving
- R6 Rational Expressions
- R7 Radical Notation and Rational Exponents
- 1.1 Introduction to Graphing
- 1.2 Functions and Graphs
- 1.3 Linear Functions
- 1.4 Equations of Lines
- 1.5 Linear Equations, Functions, Zeros, and Applications
- 1.6 Solving Linear Inequalities
- 2.1 Increasing, Decreasing, and Piecewise Functions
- 2.2 The Algebra of Functions
- 2.3 The Composition of Functions
- 2.4 Symmetry
- 2.5 Transformations
- 3.1 The complex numbers
- 3.2 Quadratic Equations, Functions, Zeros, and Models
- 3.3 Analyzing Graphs of Quadratic Functions
- 3.4 Solving Rational Equations and Radical Equations
- 3.5 Solving Equations and Inequalities with Absolute Value
- 4.1 Polynomial Functions
- 4.2 Graphing Polynomial Functions
- 4.4 Theorems about Zeros of Polynomial Functions
- 4.5 Rational Functions
- 4.6 Polynomial Inequalities and Rational Inequalities
- 5.1 Inverse Functions
- 5.2 Exponential Functions
- 5.3 Logarithmic Functions
- 5.4 Properties of Logarithmic Functions
- 5.5 Solving Exponential Equations and Logarithmic Equation
- 6.1 Systems of Equations in Two Variables
- 6.2 Systems of Equations in Three Variables
- 6.3 Matrices and Systems of Equations
- 6.7 Systems of Inequalities and Linear Programming