Luiza DeSouza is from the beautiful city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and is fluent in Portuguese. She has a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics from the University of the State of Rio de Janeiro. She moved to the United States in 1995 and earned a Master’ degree in Mathematics Education from Purdue University. She worked as a Mathematics Instructor at Purdue University and at The University of Notre Dame, Australia before coming to Columbia, Missouri in 2005, where she loves working with students.
- 2000 M.S., Purdue University, Mathematics Education
- 1987 B.S., UERJ, Brazil, Mathematics
- MATH 0110 Intermediate Algebra
- MATH 1050 Quantitative Reasoning
- MATH 1100 College Algebra