Summer 18 Online Exam Dates:
Exam 1: Monday, June 18 at 7 am, until Tuesday, June 19 at 5 pm.
Exam 2: Monday, Julu 9 at 7 am, until Tuesday, July 10 at 5 pm.
Exam 3: Thursday, July 26 at 7 am, until Friday, July 27 at 5 pm.
Math 0110 is a preparatory course for college algebra that carries no credit towards any baccalaureate degree. However, the grade received in Math 0110 does count towards a student’s overall GPA. The course covers operations with real numbers, graphs of functions, domain and range of functions, linear equations and inequalities, quadratic equations; operations with polynomials, rational expressions, exponents and radicals; equations of lines. Emphasis is also put on problem-solving.
Textbook and Course Materials:
- MML AUTO ACCESS - Required
- INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA WORKBOOK – Custom Edition - Required – A manual containing an outline of class notes.
- TEXTBOOK – Recommended - Intermediate Algebra by Martin-Gay, 7th edition.
- NOTE: Students may use a TI-30XSmath0110_syllabus_fs2017.pdfmath0110_syllabus_fs2017.pdf or TI-30X IIS scientific calculator on exams in this course. No other calculators permitted.
- Section 1.2 Algebraic expressions and Sets of Numbers
- Section 1.3 Operations on Real Numbers and Order of Operations
- Section 1.4 Properties of Real Numbers and Algebraic Expressions
- Section 2.1 Linear Equations in One Variable
- Section 2.2 An Introduction to Problem Solving
- Section 2.3 Formulas and Problem Solving
- Section 2.4 Linear Inequalities and Problem Solving
- Section 2.5 Compound Inequalities
- Section 3.1 Graphing Equations
- Section 3.2 Introduction to Functions
- Section 3.3 Graphing Linear Functions
- Section 3.4 The Slope of a Line
- Section 3.5 Equations of Lines
- Section 4.1 Solving Systems of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Section 4.3 Systems of Linear Equations and Problem Solving
- Section 5.1 Exponents
- Section 5.2 More work with exponents
- Section 5.3 Polynomials and Polynomial Functions
- Section 5.4 Multiplying Polynomials
- Section 5.5 The Greatest Common Factoring and Factoring by Grouping
- Section 5.6 Factoring Trinomials
- Section 5.7 Factoring by Special Products
- Section 5.8 Solving Equations by Factoring
- Section 6.1 Rational Functions and Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions
- Section 6.2 Adding and subtracting Rational Expresssions
- Section 6.5 Solving Equations containing Rational Expressions